Inclusive structured workplace mentoring means you don’t have to rely on ‘chemistry’ for success OR excellent mentoring skills, experience and training.
The relationship can’t fall flat!
Structured inclusive mentoring provides consistent results
It also means that you have a consistent approach for all mentors and mentees. This increases the chances of overall success and ROI. No more ad hoc and anecdotal success stories.
Another benefit of running structured inclusive mentoring is that it adds to the number of inclusive leaders in your organisation!
As the coordinator for the workplace mentoring program in your organisation, you no longer have to stress about the matching process. You also don’t have to rely solely on diversity councils to do the ground work.
Here’s why INFORMAL mentoring doesn’t often work for the entire cohort
- Mentors and mentees rush into meetings unprepared.
- Mentors even if properly trained on how to be a mentor will have varying levels of skill.
- Mentors are not given a process to follow, and are left with the question, “what do we talk about today!?”
- Mentors and mentees have no process that influences personal accountability.
- The mentoring program does not ensure all mentees are getting the same critical learning experience or knowledge.
- Typically, not been framed to teach mentors and mentees the value of knowledge transfer for the company’s long-term success.
Workplace mentoring programs have average success, however, our Courageous Career program is designed to ensure greater overall success and consistency of experience.
Our advice from being involved in hundreds of mentoring programs and having mentored over 35,000 people is this: structured inclusive mentoring works!
Ready to make the change?
Find out if our programs are a good fit for your organisation, take our 2-minute questionnaire and we will email you your next steps.